Dental implants Solution is a routine and highly successful dental procedure. Dental implants are like an artificial root that is secured into the jaw. The implant is made of medical grade titanium and is placed in the site of a missing tooth (or teeth). After insertion, the implant bonds with the jaw bone and is then capped with a ceramic crown that matches surrounding teeth. This will ensure that the implant looks natural and only you and your dentist will know that the tooth isn’t real.
Dental implants solution is widely used to:
Replace a tooth (or teeth) to give the appearance and function of a natural tooth
Secure a full or partial implant supported a ceramic fixed bridge
Hold removable dentures to prevent movement and improve the speech and chewing action of the wearer restoring your smile
The experienced team at nib Dental Care Centres can deliver you the best in dental implant procedures.
AAID credentialed dental implant experts as Dr.Sharp are passionate about helping you live your life the way you want to. You can count on them to give you the smile you deserve, the ability to eat what you want and teeth that feel and act like your natural ones.
Five facts about dental implants:
- Ancient dental implants solution has been traced back to around 600 AD when tooth-like pieces of shell were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman.
- Dental implants solutions are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth.
- In 1951, a small group of dentists who were successfully placing dental implants formed the AAID – American Academy of Implant Dentistry – to share their knowledge on the practice of implantology. AAID is the first professional organization in the world dedicated to advancing the dental implants solution.
- In 1952, Swedish orthopedic surgeon P.I. Branemark discovered that titanium naturally fuses with the bone, eventually switching his research focus to the mouth from the knee and hip.
- 3 million people in the United States have taken advantage of the dental implants solution, a number that is growing by 500,000 annually.