Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Silver Fillings
According to the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT), silver fillings or amalgam fillings contain mercury which is a poison constantly released in the mouth.
1. The mouth is the most important opening in the human body. Through it, we receive nutrition and oxygenation. If we do not care for it in the proper manner, it can be the source of much potential danger. Every day people have metal fillings placed in their mouth after a cavity is discovered. Each adult molar with silver filling contains approximately one gram of mercury, the most toxic metal known to humans. However, what you may not know is that mercury continuously bleeds from these fillings, and as time goes on, will poison your system. The accumulation of mercury can be so toxic that the effects can imitate a hand grenade of biological violence.
2. Dental patients have suffered health problems through the effects of the mercury and amalgam which comprises your silver fillings, such as allergies, depression, metallic taste, migraine, and chronic fatigue.
3. Amalgam, also known as the silver in your fillings, does not just poison, but it also acts as little batteries which generate electric currents in your mouth. Your saliva, which is generally acidic, washes over the metal fillings, causing it to erode and break down the metals. Consequently, this metal seeps into the rest of your body.
4. Most experts and researchers believe that close to ninety percent of the time, multiple sclerosis is caused by toxic materials placed in patients’ teeth.
5. The main reason that silver fillings are still in use is due to the affordability compare to composites. Dentists will only cease using the silver filling material when patients expressly refuse to have the toxic materials placed in their system
Dr Bruno Sharp is an active member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology, the top association in the country and international that conducts research on the mercury & amalgam for more than 50 years. For more information and studies on Mercury & Amalgam please visit the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology web site at www.iaomt.org and search for “Mercury.”